UCTC ideas presented in the meetings of the NBOS Summit on 21 November 2012. Then proposed to INSTITUTIONS of HIGHER LEARNING through Annual Mandate YBM speech Minister of higher education on 29 January 2013. It is a continuation of the NBOS initiative which began since November 2009. Among the programmes that have been running is the cooperation of the University (NBOS 4), IM4U Outreach Centre and so on. UCTC initiative NBOS 8th, MOE acted as lead agencies with programmes involving UNIVERSITIES across various ministries & Agency. UCTC correlate closely with the other transformation centers such as: i. Urban Transformation Centre (UTC) ii.. Rural Transformation Centre (RTC) iii. Military Community Transformation Centre (MCTC) Launched officially on 30 November 2013 by the Hon. Minister of Education II, Dato ' Seri Idris Bin Jusoh Next were strengthened with the launch of UCTC Pagoh by former Deputy Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin on 20 may 2015.
University Community Transformation Centre (UCTC), UTHM serves as program coordinator University community under the National Blue Ocean Strategy 8 the Ministry of Education. It aims to place the UTHM as University extension service operators or Community institution. Based on the UTHM strategic plan and responsible for leading the UCTC Goal 3: moving services of industry and society.
Creating opportunities for community development by knowledge sharing
To inspire and empower community for a better quality of life
1. As a referral centre for community social and economy development.
2. To ensure cooperation will benefit the community through effective and efficient management
3. To create a platform and provide comprehensive information on UTHM's expertise, facilities and resources to community
4. To enhance and strengthening present cooperation at district, state and international level
5. To guide and educate community to achieve sustainable economy and social development
6. To lead and encourage community engagement activities through volunteerism